News from the basement: 1.0.2 update is out !
Hi everyone ! We’ve got some news for you: we worked (hard ?) and listened your feedbacks to improve The Arcade Tower :). It includes a lot of improvements for controllers, general gameplay, and a lot of bug fixes to make the game better. We also have a lot of things in the boxes but they’re not finished yet so, we’re not going to tell you about it right away, otherwise it’s a spoiler. And I don’t like spoilers.
Second thing, in case you don’t follow us on twitter (boo that’s bad), we wanted to thank everyone who downloaded The Arcade Tower, you are now more than 2,300, it’s really huge. So just, thank you, you are all amazing <3
Anyway, here’s the full changelog (we didn’t include all the bug fixes, otherwise it would be really long…) Have fun with The Arcade Tower, don’t forget to tell us what you think, what you would like to have/improve in the game, or just to say us something ^^
What’s new in 1.0.2 update ?
- It’s no longer possible to dash several times after jumping. Similarly, a double jump no longer resets the dash
- Added PS5 and Xbox Series X/S controller support
- It is now possible to define a second bind for gamepad controls (why not, after all)
- By default, player movement movements are possible using the left stick and D-Pad
- Fixed an issue that could cause lag when using a gamepad on some configurations
- Fixed an issue preventing the controls remapping menu from closing when pressing the pause button
- Some enemies can now be knocked up if they take damage
- Dash does not allow throwing enemies
- If an enemy does not move at the moment of impact, he will not be thrown
UI and Menus
- Added a slow motion effect when the player damages an enemy
- Updated logo in taskbar, text was too small to be readable
- At the first launch of the game, the main menu is now displayed instead of the launch of a new game. We thought of all those who like to adjust a few parameters like their keys before starting a first game. And we removed the big “click” when launching the main menu, sorry for your ears :)
- Added changelog directly in the main menu: go to Options > Changelog!
- Fixed text display issue when player level up
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the health bar from displaying when launching a new game, when encountering the first enemy
AI and enemies
- Improved enemy AI and removed lag from some enemies on large levels
- Fixed an issue preventing Compi from playing its “beep” while moving
- Fixed an issue that could prevent some enemies from playing a sound when taking damage
- Fixed an issue allowing the Slime to continue moving even if it was dead
- Fixed an issue that could allow the player to hit an enemy while out of range after hitting multiple enemies at the same time
- Fixed an issue that could allow the Archer to detect the player even hidden behind certain walls
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Harpy death animation from playing in time
- Significant performance improvement by limiting the interaction of objects away from the camera for some time
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause lag after several minutes of gameplay
- Fixed an issue that could cause an error when loading the game
- And lots and lots of small bugfixes here and there
Enjoy the game !
Get The Arcade Tower
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.